Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Is Near

borrowed from http://lukepraterswordsalad.com/2010/12/12/two-verses-on-the-modern-christmas-experience/

Christmas is a month and a day from now. I hate it. I hate it because most of my bonus will go to Christmas gift shopping. If you belong to my family, trust me, my bonus will go to Christmas gift shopping. Everybody's a spoiled brat in my family, including my mother. My sister especially, being the only girl, gets whatever she wants.

More importantly, I can't think of anything to get my boyfriend. Seriously, what do you get the guy who has everything? And when I say everything, I mean my boyfriend is rich, so I don't know what to get him. We're talking about a guy who would easily drop PhP 20,000.00 for a pair of sneakers that would look like, well, sneakers! When you say sneakers, I think Converse, or Skechers. He doesn't wear those. He wears Givenchy, Christian Dior Homme, and other wtf-sounding designer label that I didn't know made sneakers pala.

Don't get me started on bags. Who would have thought Balenciaga had bags for men? That cost more than PhP 50,000.00?

So when I complain that I don't know what to get him, because what do you get the man who has everything, I mean it.

Time to put my thinking cap on.

borrowed from http://critical-thinkers.com/2010/06/critical-thinking-skills-are-too-important-to-keep-from-employees/thinking-cap/

I do realize one thing, he is technophobic. He has this crappy Nokia QWERTY phone that I absolutely abhor, because every time I see it, I remember one of the staff in the office that has the same model, and I absolutely hate that guy because he is tall, stick-thin, and really fugly. I exaggerate not.

I hate his piece of shit phone. That Nokia phone, no matter what designer case you place it in just screams fugly. I know he wants a certain phone, which he caught me canvassing the other day. I was asking the sales clerk how much that particular phone cost, a Blackberry, I think, and he came in the store to fetch me. He saw the phone, and said he liked it. He didn't assume, though, that I was going to buy it for him, because my boyfriend can buy anything, so I was so afraid he was going to tell the sales clerk to wrap it up. Naturally, I had to do something, so I told him that particular model was going to be phased out already. Of course, being the technophobe that he is, that scared him, and hopefully stopped him from planning on getting the phone any time soon.

Honestly, that's the only thing I can get him for Christmas, because that's the only thing he doesn't have right now, a good reliable phone. So next year, would be another problem.

Case solved. Now I can remove my thinking cap.

Honestly, I don't enjoy the Christmas season. Why? Because my birthday is usually on the last week of November and I live in a country where the Christmas season starts right after November 1. Damn these trigger-happy holiday-loving people. I don't get to enjoy the anticipation of my birthday because I end up getting caught in the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment