Thursday, November 10, 2011

Goal Setting

borrowed from michaelhyatt.com
Like Julie/Julia, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I should be setting a goal for this blog. It's not going to be a tangible goal, like in Julie's blog. I am not giving myself 365 days to finish cooking an entire cookbook's worth of recipes.

I'm going to be a bit less ambitious. I will tell the internet world something I don't usually tell anybody, though. I am 28 years old. Yes, I lie about my age, must've gotten it from my mother. Whenever they'd ask me what my age is, I always tell them I'm 26. Yes, my family forgets my age. I hope they believe that I'm 26. But I am 28. I will be turning 29 in 17 days. That would give me 382 days. 382 days for what?

Well, the internet is my shrink. I am complaining that I am damaged, and I want to heal. I want to heal because I am turning 30 next year. I want to heal because I am expecting a lot of changes by next year. I'm expecting that my boyfriend might ask me to marry him next year, before I turn 30. And when I say yes, I want to say yes with all of me, whole, fully healed.

So I will continue doing this. I want to see this through. And I will tell the internet world on the day that my boyfriend asks me to marry him how it will go.

So there you have it. Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment